About The Society
Al-Barkaat Educational Society:
Al-Barkaat Educational Society, dedicated to the memory of renowned Persian-Hindi Sufi poet Syed Shah Barkatullah of Marehra, district Etah, came into being in 1995. The Society was registered under the Societies Registration Act.
The Al-Barkaat Educational Society derives inspiration from the life and teachings of a galaxy of illustrious Sufis of Khanqah-e-Barkaatia, Marehra Sharif (Etah, U.P.). It owes its inception to the profound vision of its Founder President Professor Syed Shah Muhammad Amin (Department of Urdu, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh), the present Sajjadah Nashin of Khanqah-e-Barkaatia, and President of Dargah Syed Shah Barkatullah Committee. He is the moving spirit and the light behind this novel project in establishing various educational institutions in India.
Aims And Objectives Of The Society:
The Society Aims:
- To establish and maintain educational institutions with the prefix ‘Al-Barkaat’;
- To establish and administer institutions under the rights and duties as provided under Article 30 of the Indian Constitution;
- To establish institutions for social, cultural, educational, moral, technical and societal uplift of the country;
- To establish and maintain educational institutions from Nursery to Diploma/Degree level;
- To explore and open avenues in job oriented training to generate self-employment for women and the downtrodden people;
- To establish and run minority coaching centres for competitive examinations;
- To affiliate institutions of the Society with relevant bodies;
- To grant financial assistance and award scholarships to deserving students;
- To promote tolerance, communal harmony and goodwill among various groups of people;
- To receive donations, aids, grants, membership fee as well as movable and immovable properties in furtherance of the aims and objectives of the society;
- To do all other legally permissible acts and things which are requisite and incidental to attain the aims and objectives of the Society.