Al Barkaat Public School (+2)
The School is situated on Anoopshahr Road, approximately 5 kms. from Aligarh Railway Station. The School prepares students for All India Secondary/Senior Secondary Examination (Classes X/XII) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Delhi. At present the total strength of the school stands at 2500 (boys and girls) studying in various classes from primary to secondary level.
Salient features of the School
- The school aims at imparting modern Scientific Education along with the teaching of Islamic values to children.
- It has a separate section for girls i.e. Qadiria Girls Section as well as separate hostels for girls and boys with the total strength of 450 from far off places in India.
- The school is grooming boarders through Tarbiyat Classes
- It provides ample facilities of Game and Sports with well trained coaches for students
- It lays emphasis on Art and Craft as well as Computer Education
- Being affiliated to CBSE it follows CCE (Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation) in the true letters and spirits.
- The school aims towards the overall development of children through CCA (Co-Curricular Activities) under 12 different clubs.
- It follows play way methods for tiny tots.
- It organizes workshops on a regular basis for teachers to improve teaching methodology.
- It holds health & environment awareness programmes on a regular basis.
- It conducts special assemblies on festivals and Birth. Anniversary of eminent personalities.
- It has language labs to inculcate communicative and interactive skills and habits among children.
Qadria Girls Section of Al-Barkaat Public School (+2):
Considering the demand for a separate school for girls only, the society had started a separate unit for girls from class VI to XII with boarding facilities.
With the help of the members of the Society, philanthropists and financial assistance of Maulana Azad Foundation we are proud to have today a separate Girls Sections and a Girls Hostel by the name of “Mehboob Fatima Hostel.
These students are from different parts of the country even from our eastern states.
Al-Barkaat Play & Learn Centre:
Introducing pre-school method approaches, Al-Barkaat Play & Learn Centre is the first institution of its kind in Aligarh. This centre runs classes from Play Group to Preparatory level. At present more than 200 children are admitted to this centre. This school is located at Marris Road, Aligarh.
Al-Barkaat Afternoon School, Under Rahat Project
(A step towards educational development of downtrodden section of society).
Al-Barkaat Educational Society under the Rahat Project started the Al-Barkaat Afternoon School for economically weaker section of the society. Its aim is to provide platform to those who cause of some unavoidable reason couldn’t get good education. This is English medium school from class Prep. to Class V. The society provides free books and uniform to the students.
The first academic session started on July 11, 2011 with qualified staff and strength of 193 students. All compulsory subjects along with computers and Islamic studies are taught to students. Throughout the year they had interhouse competitions. Al-Barkaat Afternoon School successfully conducted their debut Annual Sport Day – Parwaazwith huge pomp and show. The students also showed Art n Craft Exhibition inaugurated by Ms. Teesta Setalvad.
The students have come out with flying colours in their academics. The second session started on April 9, 2012 with the strength of 255 students.